6K views

Do NOT buy from Popjulia. Their China name for returns is Runfa Xu.

Their product images are great. What they ship you is garbage. They ship from China - their orders take over a month to arrive. Once they arrive, the sizes are WAY off.

What I received did NOT match the measurements of what they printon their site. The fabrics on their site are high quality, flowing and beautiful. What they ship is cheap, stiff polyester junk. Also, the cut of the dresses/blouses on their site shows flowing volumes of fabric.

What they shipped me is anywhere to 30% to 40% less volume at the hems. The skirts are not as long either. In other words, what they ship you only vaguely resembles what they advertise. Threads were hanging everywhere.

There are no bust darts, and the fabric is some kind of plastic wood. There are no bust darts, so unless you are a 12 year old boy, there will be no room for your bust. They advertised a bust measurement of 41" - they delivered a bust measurement of 38" When you want to return the garments, they suggest you "give it to charity as the shipping will cost you more than the garment". I returned the garments (another $30) via the US Postal Service.

They claimed not to have received it. I included the invoice in the package as reference. They wanted me to ship it via DHL, UPS, or Fed Ex, which would have cost about $80. So they kept my $100 and kept the garments I returned to them, and I lost $30 in shipping the package back via USPS.

Note that they sent me the garments via snail-mail without delivery confirmation. Their product is junk, and their business model is make the return so expensive that their customers eat the bad garments they send. This company advertises everywhere - I am surprised there aren't more complaints.

The postal worker I spoke with when I was returning the garbage clothing to Popjulia told me that she sees a lot of returns to that company. AVOID Popjulia!

Product or Service Mentioned: Clothing.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 01, 2017.

Comments

Most of these companies steal images from Banana Republic, Free People and other high end retailers. They literally copy and paste a photo from Banana Republic and claim it’s their own product.

What the customer gets is a cheap knock-off. They are scams, often owned by the same parent company.

Thanks for this. I decided to cancel my order upon reading. I nearly dropped about 300....

VERY CHEAP, poorly made clothes. And also very misleading...

Dress looked to be embroidered, but was actually just stamped on. Very disappointed!!!

Plus they randomly charged my credit card an extra $1.43 three weeks later?!? BUYER BEWARE...

That goes to merchandise from WISH, these companies are selling terrible merchandise, and they are ripping the Americans consumers! Do not buy from them!

I agree totally what you expressed , I wish I seen it before I ordered. I will never waste my money on this company again.

Do not buy anything there,It is a rubbish companyI have received someone>s order so I have informed popjulia but after many emails i have stuck nowhere as customer service responds like robots. Finally they said I am not their customer and they did not sent anything to me.ha ha jokeDO NOT BUY ANYTHING

I agree with everything she said...ad looks good...but product is junk!!!

JumboTapeworm

How are we to be refunded?

to JumboTapeworm #1472062

If you used PayPal - complain your *** off. Eventually, PayPal will refund you (it took me almost one year).

Once PayPal gets pissed off, they will dump these junk China based {{Redacted}} companies. Without PayPal, these Chinese *** companies would have no credibility!

to JumboTapeworm #1472154

We must report Wish, and PopJulia for their actions, and scams! They must be the same scammers, under different names!

Facebook, and PayPal, should cut ties with these crooks! Horrendous losses, not to mention waste of time, and money!

These scammers # Labels, are robbing those ordering from these crooks in China! They are making millions through Facebook users falling into their scam!

The received item is made of shabby materials and you will be asked to return them back to their warehouse in China at YOUR OWN COST. Again like what was said by many other customers, the return shipping will be untrackable once it is out side of the US. Your refund request will be eventually denied because no tracking info is available as delivery confirmation of the return.

DO NOT BUY! THE ITEMS RECEIVED ARE GARBAGE!

MATERIAL IS STIFF POLYESTER AN THE FIT IS MADE FOR A 10 YEAR OLD BOY WHO HASNT HIT PUBERTY! RUBBISHY JUNK DONT WASTE Your MONEY

Same story for me. My dress took 7 weeks to arrive.

The fabric was so thin and cheap I did not even try it on. Returned according to their instructions. Tracking showed it arrived in China 6 weeks ago.

They say they have not received it yet and will only refund if they get it back and it is in perfect condition. Their products are rubbish, they are unscrupulous and will steal your money by making their terms for returning items impossible to ensure.

to Duped customer 100000000 #1455513

Hi Duped customer 1000000000. I wrote the original post (Idonthaveausername).

It is April 1. On September 26 of 2017, I returned the garbage I purchased from Popjulia to their China facility, using the return information they gave me. It did not have tracking, so PayPal said they couldn't help me, and of course, Popjulia claimed to have never received it.THREE months later, the package came back from China, REFUSED! It was written in Mandarin and in English.

I scanned the unopened, refused package, and sent the scan to PayPal. It took a lot of pushing and doggedness on my side to finally get a refund for my garments and shipping. In total, it took 9 months of non-stop complaining.Popjulia's business model is to ship worthless junk, and make returns impossible so that we all "donate it to charity".

We need to ride PayPal to dump crooked Chinese companies. We take one look at the PayPal logo, and we think we're safe - WRONG!Good luck with your case

I got the same experience.

They did the same to me, wish I had seen this. I will never purchase from CHina again.

The tags had the right sizes but the clothes were 5 sizes smaller.

They say I have to pay for the return, I took the 15 percent and will donate. I want to file a complaint but do not know how.

Thank you.

to Susan #1440246

If you paid through PayPal, complain to PayPal. By using their brand with this Chinese garbage, they are complicit!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE #POPJULIA THEY ARE THIEF'S

THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF *** DONT EVER ORDER FROM THEM THEY TELL YOU THE STUFF HAS BEEN SENT OUT AND IT DONT BE THE CASE I WAITED 1MONTH AND HALF TO RECIEVE MY STUFF AND ONE PAIR OF SHOES WAS THE WRONG COLOR AND ANOTHET PAIR MISSING BAD BUSINESS AND I WILL MAKE SURE EVERYBODY I KNOW WILL NOT ORDER FROM THERE

Hello everyone - I am the one who wrote the original post above. On September 26, 2017, I returned the junk-dresses to Runfa Xu, the company listed on the return label (note that the name has changed AGAIN - it is now CHICV International Holding Limited, but I will refer to the company as Popjulia in this post).

Of course Popjulia claimed to have never received the return, so I was out $99.66 plus $34 in return shipping costs. I was super POed. I filed a complaint with PayPal (I purchased the garments via PayPal). Because I couldn't prove the package was delivered, PayPal decided in favor of Pop Julia.

Steam was coming out of my ears!

Two days ago, I received the package back (it was "in transit" for over 3 months!!). The unopened package had some Chinese writing on it that I could not read. I scanned the package and emailed the scan to a friend in China and asked her what the writing said. Get this - she told me that the writing was the exact address that I sent the package to, and that Popjulia REFUSED the package.

It was retuned to me undelivered! What dirtbags! They told me multiple times that they never received it.

I went back to PayPal with this information and the scan of the refused package. Almost 3.5 months later, I am FINALLY getting a refund.

For those of you that were ripped off, be persistent. Popjulia is a bunch of lying thieves!